The committee came up with a preliminary list of work plan items for consideration:
- Seniors’ Month activities for June (flag raising, proclamation, pier lighting)
- National Seniors’ Day – Oct 1. (flag raising, proclamation, pier lighting)
- Burlington Farmers’ Market table
- Wellness House fair attendance
- Burlington Active Aging Plan
Rob shared that there are 10 upcoming projects taking place in parks and suggested asking the city's park planners to attend a future BSAC meeting to get feedback on what older adults would like to see in parks. The committee could also provide input into Skyway Community Centre and Bromley Park. Also, there will be a membership review for the Seniors' Centre that the committee could participate in.
The committee agreed to have a full work plan discussion at its February meeting.
- sub-committees to discuss potential work plan ideas for the February meeting.
- Rob to provide suggestions of items from the Active Aging Plan that the committee could focus on.